Veterans Assistance Programs in Reno, NV
Four Main Points of Aid and Attendance Eligibility:1. Military Service
- Veteran must have served 90 days of active duty with at least one day during period of war.
- Must have anything but dishonorable discharge.
- Claimant must currently need assistance from another person with daily living activities.
- Daily living activities can include eating, bathing, dressing, walking, and cognitive impairment.
- Claimant must currently be spending the majority of their income on care expenses.
- How much of their income they spend on care determines how much of the benefit they will receive; up to the maximum amount.
- The claimant’s assets must be below an amount determined by the VA.
- The amount of assets that a claimant is allowed to have is determined by their age and financial need.
What This Benefit Can do for You:
It allows you more financial flexibility when deciding on the most appropriate care for your needs.
- You can now afford more home care or the community of your choice.
- The benefit will be paid monthly and will never need to be paid back as long as you maintain eligibility.
- Like Social Security, this benefit is dependable and is paid directly to you by the United States Treasury.
- This benefit is also tax free.
Our Commitment To In-Home Care
Amada Senior Care is committed to enriching lives by providing nurturing, compassionate non-medical in-home care and by guiding families through the many senior housing options available for assisted living and care homes. Healthcare professionals and families look to Amada to help them navigate the complexities of the senior care system.